CLICKING ON EACH PICTURE WILL ENLARGE THEM.

Thursday, April 9, 2015

When my World goes Nuts...I go here

When my brain is in distress I go to the river,a small copse of trees or a forest, a lake, mountains, a creek, waterfalls, the ocean, and even just my backyard. Anywhere I can observe nature. I have a deep soul connection with all that are wild, storms are a favorite, Miss Moon and the stars. It gives me peace to see the world as it was meant to be, undisturbed by we humans trying to bend it to our way. The strength I gain from seeing these critters I try to capture with the camera , living their lives honorably, doing what they must to survive.  It is powerful. I don't want to bring them home, to bend them to my way, I just want to observe them in their homes, living life. I try not to disturb them or force them to pose, sometimes I get lucky, others not so much. So if I'm posting shots of tree branches that are in front of my target, and you can't quite see it clearly, well that's how I saw him. Point being I got to see it, I like to share what I have seen.

The Universe is a marvel, the gifts of nature are pure and wondrous, reminds me on a daily basis of just how little I control, and how horrible it would be if I controlled more than just me...Humbling and marvelous. I find peace in the knowledge that I am just me and that's okay...


I walked in a familiar place the other day and saw things I had never seen there before, I saw an owl, a kingfisher, several woodpeckers of 2 different breeds. I talked to a couple women who walk there frequently, and a couple gentleman, these folks were extremely friendly, their dogs were along for the walk. They told me of foxes and even coyotes that reside in the area, I am anxious to spot them.

Here are some of the shots I got.














Wow, a duck in a tree...








This guy sitting here all alone reminded me of myself a few years ago..He's sitting there alone, while overhead, flocks and flocks of his kind fly over. I used to be like that, sitting on the outside of life, watching it go by.  











No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy the photos and leave some love!