CLICKING ON EACH PICTURE WILL ENLARGE THEM.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

The Other Side of Dorris Ranch..well some of the same too.

Tris and I walked at Dorris Ranch today, investigating things and areas we weren't able to get to last week.There was a veritable herd of grey squirrels,and a very anxious Blue Jay. Unfortunately the squirrels never sat still and the Jay never came out of the tree. He (the Jay) was very verbal though, and the rest of the birds were nearly as busy. I answered Tris's query as to why squirrels ran away all the time. I told him that we probably frighten the little guys. I said,"look how big we are, and how little they are." To that he answered, "Not me, I just little." I showed him how big he was with a stick, height wise, then stood a very small stick next to that one. He understood what I was saying, from then on, everytime he saw a squirrel he pulled my hand down and said,"Stop gramma, don't scare him". A child of compassion. Here are what I got for photos.




 I found this very interesting,althoughI am quite familiar with trees and the aging of them.It still does something to me when I see the aging in black and white, then see the tree and it's rings representing each year.




I love lawn daisys,bright spots in the grass year round.

Imagine seeing a Hazel nun the ground at a hazelnut orchard...lol

This tree looked for all the world like a monster, as we approached it...

Thankfully not this time of year.

When I see these trees all in rows like this, all I can think is about the work athat went into geting them that way, all those years ago. I can't imagine, That's why I use scatter seed...








Whirlpool in the middle of the river.








One of my favorites.





In a tree, very high up with the sun directly behind him, seemingly aware that I couldn't really see him, he sat there for a good five minutes. The only time we saw one just sit.


Big tree trunk,little boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy the photos and leave some love!