I am someone who enjoys taking photos, my subjects are random, from bugs to babies. Photography is therapy for me, I have no real knowledge of the art, I am learning a bit here and there. I use an inexpensive camera.I simply love taking shots of interesting or beautiful things I see. I love the adventure of attempting to get the perfect shot. Please enjoy these photos and share them with your friends. For me the ultimate success is knowing someone may be amazed or made to smile.

CLICKING ON EACH PICTURE WILL ENLARGE THEM.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Foggy Delta Ponds.

Yes I know this is a photo Blog, but I'm gonna put some things down here anyway. For the last few months I have gotten more than a little off track, actually for over a year. 17 months ago Henry my grandson died, this September my mother died, let me tell you that it sucks. I haven't done at all well in dealing with these deaths. I know everyone in the world has this to contend with, I have lost several friends in  between and before these too, including my father. These two however, have rocked me to my core. Even though I knew both were coming, I have been just flat yukky inside. I haven't had to drink, and I have kept in motion, what has occurred to me is I'm not doing anything for the enjoyment of it. I have been doing what I have to do, and trying to balance it with things I should do for me. I have a friend you told me just the other day, that I need to live again. The sad thing is I hadn't realized I wasn't living. Living for me is having adventures and doing things on my own, since I adopted the kids, or really since I brought them into my home, I have taken little or no time for me to do that.
I have continued to use my creative skills to bake and customize a couple birthday cakes, to find creative ways to keep the bills paid, and have developed a love of braiding Kearstyn's hair. I gave up the yard work when the kids moved in, I just couldn't fit it in, I miss it and I miss the blessing I got from the work I did. I still get to enjoy the birds and squirrels and other wildlife that hangs out in suburbia, I am immensely grateful for that. Anyway, I write all this to say I am trying to find my way back and today's photos are appropriate in that it was a foggy, foggy day, and  I am in a bit of a fog myself. I am going to try to commit to a weekly post again even if it is just a couple shots of my cats. We will see how this goes.
I met a couple of wonderful women today as I was out wandering around and quite a few dogs. I had a personal encounter with a Blue Heron, and later a White Egret, both of them appearing in front of me on the path. Then on the way out I spotted what I think was a young Osprey, all of these gave me enough time and  posed for me..How awesome it was to see them up close like this, I realize they are used to humans and all, but they are still normally not quite so calm and collected when one of us approaches.
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy the shots of a foggy Delta  Ponds day.



























































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy the photos and leave some love!