CLICKING ON EACH PICTURE WILL ENLARGE THEM.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Salt Creek Falls, Oregon

Sunday, the kids,Kenny and I took a drive out hwy 58 to Salt Creek Falls. We had a great day, seeing beautiful terrain and awesome weather. We climbed down to the Falls, then back up around to the other side of the canyon. As we got to the top, or as high as I could go with Tris along, (the trail got kinda precarious further on), we noticed storm clouds and watched a thunderstorm move in. It was fantastic watching the lightning from such a height. As the wind picked up and the rain, and the thunder sounded closer, we decided it might be a good idea to get out of the forest. It was amazingly hot and muggy while we were there too. When we got to the car the rain started so we ate a bit of lunch then headed down the mountain in the car. We walked at least 5 miles if not more...What an adventure we had.   These are what I managed to capture while we were there, not top notch as the mist got all over my lens and well, I didn't notice...duh!!!























See these nice tiny pebbles, these made it so I had to remove the shoes I was wearing or slide down on my butt. I reoved the shoes...never put them back on.






























The canyon from the other side. 


The hwy from the other side. 



The walkway near the falls off in the distance.







The storm clouds moving in.




The littlest trooper, he walked every inch of the hike.  


My footwear.

Kenny's footwear, smarter than I.







No you don't climb the trees, (actually was lifted up.) 





Both had to try it. awfully small tree for climbing. 

The all have proper foot attire...




Don't know what this was originally, just an interesting spot in the middle of the forest. 















Daisy and Duke


Duke and Daisy; friends we met. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy the photos and leave some love!