CLICKING ON EACH PICTURE WILL ENLARGE THEM.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pinard Falls

As you know, I am not a professional photographer. What I do is explore around the area in which I live and commune with my God. I love adventure and sometimes can be a bit careless and haphazard in the way I do it. I am always well prepared food wise for the family, (whom, by the way loves it all as much as I do), I make sure the children are properly attired and slathered in sunscreen if needed. I am not however that prepared for myself or my camera. There have been times I have driven miles to a destination, only to realize I have no card in my camera or case.Or another time pretty recently , that I ended up doing the entire hike barefoot due to lack of proper non slipping shoes. It becomes a huge DUH moment; I still go exploring, soaking up the peace and beauty of the  area. (After I get done kicking myself.) I generally come home a different person in one way or another. The photos you will see in these next 3 blogs are of many things, some things I have taken several shots of from different perspectives. In the way of nature I can rarely get to the perfect spot for the perfect shot. It may all seem a bit repetitive my hope is that you will be able to see what we saw,  feeling a some of what I felt as well.

These were all taken out a logging road,( partially paved), out side of Cottage Grove, Oregon  about 30 miles or coming from the other way 10 miles out of Oakridge, Oregon on a gravel road, we made a loop. It was a beautiful day.

We saw Pinard Falls, Moonfalls, and Spirit Falls, of course being who I am, I didn't investigate far enough and we did the toughest trail first, then the easiest , and last the in between difficulty. Randy, Tristyn and Kenny, made  it down and up the first trail. A half mile nearly straight down and of course straight up on the way back. Afterwards the would explore with me no further...Kearstyn is a trooper though, we traversed the other trails with no serious issues. Although my legs were quite sore the next day, I waited a day to do our usual 3 mile walk and my 2 miles bike ride. We are back on it now though and the kids are swimming too.

Here is what we saw just before Pinard Falls and at the falls.




















































































http://jovanesphotos.blogspot.com/2014/08/pinard-falls.html ,http://www.waterfallsnorthwest.com/nws/falls.php?num=4151
http://www.oregonwaterfalls.net/moon.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy the photos and leave some love!