I am someone who enjoys taking photos, my subjects are random, from bugs to babies. Photography is therapy for me, I have no real knowledge of the art, I am learning a bit here and there. I use an inexpensive camera.I simply love taking shots of interesting or beautiful things I see. I love the adventure of attempting to get the perfect shot. Please enjoy these photos and share them with your friends. For me the ultimate success is knowing someone may be amazed or made to smile.

CLICKING ON EACH PICTURE WILL ENLARGE THEM.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Golden Garden Ponds- Wow it is a park now!!!












When my kids were little we would go here to swim, at the time it was nothing more than a gravel pit that had filled with water, enough to get wet and swim a little. Some of it was very deep and there were several accidental drownings over the years. Now it is a sanctuary for wildlife and people such as myself looking for a piece of nature in town. This park is only a few blocks from my mother's home. I had no idea that it had been so renovated and changed. If you can't tell I am very excited.

4 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures,Jan...I loved the first one..
    Alpana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I was stunned when we arrived and found this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a nice place to have a picnic! I am so happy to hear that the place had changed for the better over the years! Love your photos Jan!

    Nelieta travel blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Nelielta, I am going to try to get mama to picnic with me. It is so close to her home.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy the photos and leave some love!