CLICKING ON EACH PICTURE WILL ENLARGE THEM.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Up the McKenzie River

Feeling restless, irritable and bored today, I took a drive up the river in my car that is not doing so well at the moment. I decided it would behoove me to take a partner along so into the car climbed my son Kenny and Tristyn of course. Tris kinda lives in my back pocket you see.

Tristyn fell asleep almost immediately, which was actually a good thing as he is in the stage of refusing naps, part of my own irritability I would imagine. This rather trapped Kenny at the car as I bound around and took photos. Also afforded me the alone time I so deeply needed, thank you Kenny for accommodating me.

The first few photos are near Cedar Flat, we moved on up the river to Leaburg and a few boat ramps between up to Finn Rock. We had a beautiful afternoon and enjoyed the company of one another as well. Keeping us all from being grumpy. We took refuge in nature her beauty and power. Something I try to do on a daily basis,(even if it is a simple squirrel). These things and music save my soul.

I hope you enjoy our trip as much as we did.
This was the trail along side of the road I chose to descend as Kenny looked on ,saying something to the effect,"How the hell are you gonna get back up?" My reply?  I said," I'm not as old or outta shape as you think I am." Actually, I had seen an easier trail, a few yards down and knew the ascent would be much easier there...But I got him! 
































No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy the photos and leave some love!