CLICKING ON EACH PICTURE WILL ENLARGE THEM.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Randy and I took a Short Trip

Randy and I decided to try and see a bit of what the high water had done around here. We didn't go to places that were decimated, we didn't want to be in the way for one, for two if I was going to be there I wanted to help not gawk. So I just went to some of our usual places and snapped a few shots. There are many more, I'm only posting a few, it has been a long long week.



While we were parked across this bridge entry, a large Ford 4-wheel drive came along, we moved he drove over it.
I was paranoid walking on it, it was sinking and giving with just my weight. They way it sank down with that truck was scary beyond words.  

Jasper Park

Entry to Jasper Park

Jasper Park

Bridge just before Jasper Park. Water was very high, last time we were out we drove where the stump is and parked where there is 4 ft of water now.

Jasper Park entrance

Jasper Park entrance.

old building I found interesting.


Rough water.


Debris caught on covered bridge.
  

13 comments:

  1. I can do anything to be in a place like this...I need the break.simply awesome Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Alpana, I have a set from the top of a dam I will be posting in a couple of days. I want to live in the places I can see from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful....serene and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was raining and cold, but still lovely. thank you, Janu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It amazing how Nature can be so destructive and beautiful at the same time - quite like us, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree Corinne, being raised next to the ocean was one of the best lessons on humanity in the strangest ways. The nature of the beast, beautiful, calming and destructive, every day was different, not unlike ourselves as you said.

      Delete
  6. Hello Jan.
    Awesome photos, but Corinne does have a point...nature can be both beautiful & oh so destructive.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oregon Tbaoo, in and around Eugene is where I take most of my photos. These are between Jasper Oregon and Fall Creek Oregon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Andy that is what I love with nature,we are not all that different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rain and more rain making for a turbulent river. Kinda fits my mood. Thanks Luchi

    ReplyDelete
  10. A bayou feel, some of these pictures.
    And a suggestion of turbulence, like the soul.
    The tunnel reminds me of the dark night
    moments we pass through before seeing
    the light again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Debra, I agree, rather a little dark.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy the photos and leave some love!