CLICKING ON EACH PICTURE WILL ENLARGE THEM.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Red Tailed Hawk













Before You look at these pictures, I must tell a story. I was babysitting for my daughter and decided to take Lewis across the street to the park. While there I observed two baby hawks in a secluded area, I moved closer to watch them. Lew wouldn't stay around so I took him home, asked the older kids to watch him a minute while I took pictures. I went back and was innocently observing these 2 young beautiful birds, admiring them. Mama came from across the street on the other side screaming at me. She Landed on a lamp post. I being who I am, ignored her warning and proceeded to take pictures of her and her babies one of which was devouring a squirrel? As I finished I turned around and walked away toward my daughter's home. Suddenly I was slammed from behind and knocked to the ground. Scared the holy livin' shit outa me. Mama hawk was pissed, she had attacked me. I have a puncture wound tear in my head and a smaller wound as well. I went into my daughter's home and frightened her 2 older kids by exclaiming I had been attacked. Thankfully Reb and Noah pulled up about then and I was calmed out of my panic. Anastasia asked me if it was worth it. I think it was, what do you think. The last picture is just after the attack, you can see how smug she looks.

4 comments:

  1. I say it was worth it you got some AWESOME photos LOLOL..As always...XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. The pictures did turn out pretty well and my head is healing quickly. All in all it was very worth it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smug was exactly the word I was thinking about the momma bird before I read your story. Love all of the pictures, especially those of the hawks and the poor dragonfly laying over on his back. Glad that you survived your hawk attack. She said you were too close to her babies and you ignored her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found out today that she has attacked a couple other people at the park as well. Very protective mama, they were just walking by the trees. That dragonfly took off before I could get more shots. Thank you for looking and liking.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy the photos and leave some love!