I am someone who enjoys taking photos, my subjects are random, from bugs to babies. Photography is therapy for me, I have no real knowledge of the art, I am learning a bit here and there. I use an inexpensive camera.I simply love taking shots of interesting or beautiful things I see. I love the adventure of attempting to get the perfect shot. Please enjoy these photos and share them with your friends. For me the ultimate success is knowing someone may be amazed or made to smile.

CLICKING ON EACH PICTURE WILL ENLARGE THEM.

Friday, September 18, 2015

Backyard Birds-(House Finch)

There have been a lot of difficulties in my life recently. Some of which has made it less than a good choice for me to drive, and neither was walking advisable.  Things however are getting closer to normal and I'm hoping to resume my daily adventures soon. I say all this as a precursor to the following posts, I have spent the last couple weeks taking pictures of the birds in my backyard. They are both beautiful and fascinating to watch. I have been blessed with the opportunity to capture a few hundred shots of them. I plan on sharing them in small doses,(my intentions anyway). The Gold Finch is the most frequent and abundant, I also get to watch, House Finch, Scrub Jays, Chickadees, a pair of Ring Necked Doves, Cedar Wax Wings, Hummingbirds, Swallows and Sparrows, Crows, Turkey Vultures, Canadian Geese, Flickas and a tribe of squirrels. I do not have photos of everything I've seen; believe it or not, I don't always have my camera around my neck. Often, even if I do, the birds are too high in the sky, or too quick. That's okay though, I got to share a minuscule piece of their life and enjoy the miracle they are. With out them; I'd have been lost. Mama, thank-you for the appreciation of nature you and Daddy instilled in me, Thank you for the love of birds, which I now share daily with 2 of your great-grandchildren.  I love you both.




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy the photos and leave some love!