CLICKING ON EACH PICTURE WILL ENLARGE THEM.

Friday, September 18, 2015

Backyard Birds-(House Finch)

There have been a lot of difficulties in my life recently. Some of which has made it less than a good choice for me to drive, and neither was walking advisable.  Things however are getting closer to normal and I'm hoping to resume my daily adventures soon. I say all this as a precursor to the following posts, I have spent the last couple weeks taking pictures of the birds in my backyard. They are both beautiful and fascinating to watch. I have been blessed with the opportunity to capture a few hundred shots of them. I plan on sharing them in small doses,(my intentions anyway). The Gold Finch is the most frequent and abundant, I also get to watch, House Finch, Scrub Jays, Chickadees, a pair of Ring Necked Doves, Cedar Wax Wings, Hummingbirds, Swallows and Sparrows, Crows, Turkey Vultures, Canadian Geese, Flickas and a tribe of squirrels. I do not have photos of everything I've seen; believe it or not, I don't always have my camera around my neck. Often, even if I do, the birds are too high in the sky, or too quick. That's okay though, I got to share a minuscule piece of their life and enjoy the miracle they are. With out them; I'd have been lost. Mama, thank-you for the appreciation of nature you and Daddy instilled in me, Thank you for the love of birds, which I now share daily with 2 of your great-grandchildren.  I love you both.




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Enjoy the photos and leave some love!